Topic: Clubman 28mm + x2 (x2 TC's)

The lens is very sharp & gives in a lot of light so I thought I'd give this a try... the TC's are both Vivitar x2 - 21.

I'm not sure whether I have strange results with parts of the image in the first shot with focusing... the leaf & feather are both behind the Lichen yet are partly in & out of focus as is the Lichen? The Lichen is no bigger than my finger nail, the stems are 0.5/1mm tip to 2mm +/- at the base.
Very bright sunny day... the only one so far this year... cool
My wife thought I'd finished after the first shot & removed the feather... displaced the Lichen... ooops!

one click over f5.6 1/60sec ISO100
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1483/26515729972_7c27bf8840_h.jpg

f2.8  1/60sec ISO 100
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1719/26003046644_9ff2dd1de8_h.jpg

Re: Clubman 28mm + x2 (x2 TC's)

Jim,

Looks promising. Beware of central haze between some pairs of stacked TCs, depended on the sequence of stacking. Usually removed by reversing the sequence of TCs in the stack. I don't see this in your images.

As for the focus issue, I think you had a high point of view, and a sloping plane of focus in the first one.

Harold

The images show a sharp zone with a satisfying depth of field; colors look natural .

I am a Pentacon and kiev( MF and35 mm) user,and also :contaxII,III,IIa  ,contaflex , contarex bullseye ,voigtlander ....

Thank you, Peter, Harold.

I tried reversing the glass element for the rear TC but the results were magnified but too blurry Harold?

It's as Harold said Peter... I had the camera slightly high, Looking slightly downward... I realised I was doing this when I tried using the reversed TC this morning... doh! But, as you say.,  it resulted in acceptable dof... I'll have to remember to use the same method in the future?

JimH wrote:

I tried reversing the glass element for the rear TC but the results were magnified but too blurry Harold?

You don't reverse anything, just, if required, stack the TCs in a different order.

Harold

e6filmuser wrote:
JimH wrote:

You don't reverse anything, just, if required, stack the TCs in a different order.

Harold

Thanks Harold, I got your suggestion wrong... I was loath to mess with these TC's because they are very good... I've put it back the right way round again.
Jim

JimH wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:
JimH wrote:

Harold

Thanks Harold, I got your suggestion wrong... I was loath to mess with these TC's because they are very good... I've put it back the right way round again.
Jim

The issue is of reflection between the two adjacent surfaces.

Harold