Re: OMG, I'm here!

440roadrunner, here's a quick and dirty cell phone shot of a friends Road Runner. Not the guy on the left btw.
I thought this might help to cheer you up, as well as give some inspiration. wink
http://www.fototime.com/A3089B967292878/standard.jpg
This Bird is all numbers matching, including the built 383 mated to a beefy 727 trans, and 4:88 gears out back.
It put a big smile on my face after going for a ride in it. big_smile

I put that adapter in a safe place, never to be seen again.

Strangely enough I'm shooting more manual focus now than I did when I was a frequent visitor to the forum. The Sony NEX 6 is ideally suited to MF with its 10x magnification in the EVF - not to mention the fact that the standard Sony lens isn't over brilliant.

I enjoyed the forum at the time, sad to see that there isn't much traffic these days.

Currently using Canon 5DII and Sony a6500 with Olympus, Pentax, Canon and M42 converters.

Photo Blog

I'm still shooting manual lenses,

My Mamiya 7 is going strong

I bought a 5x4 speedgraphic 2 years ago

And I still have my 10x8 Sinar

big_smile

Ben

Nice to hear from you Benny ;-)

Here I still shoot 120, but I have to say I have a stash of B&W film that is in need of processing, and I have totally slacked of on that for a long while!

Still shoot pretty much ONLY manual lens tho, on the digital side; still 5DMkII -- but I also bought a tiny Pana m4:3 with a fixed foxus 14mm f2.5 -- that's quite handy...

Haven't done large format in a while, primarily since my wife has /lost/ the bag containing my lens stash. Yes she did -- when we moved house. She promises it's not 'gone' but she hasn't found it yet... grumble grumble...

Canon 5DII and a few lens -- Tachihara 8x10. Chamonix 45N-1, Crown Graphic 4x5. Moskva, Zeiss Super Ikonta C
Bronica S2A, Agfa Super Isolette, Iskra, Rolleiflex. Leica M2, Bessa R, Zorki 1,3,3M and a few more...

buze wrote:

Haven't done large format in a while, primarily since my wife has /lost/ the bag containing my lens stash. Yes she did -- when we moved house. She promises it's not 'gone' but she hasn't found it yet... grumble grumble...

And quite a stash it was if I remember correctly.
It's good to see a little activity here guys. smile

I put that adapter in a safe place, never to be seen again.

Hi,
After my switch to Nikon D8xx, MF has been slow for a few  years.
But some time ago I found myself unable to resist the aquisition of a Nikkor 300mm f2.8 Ais.
I reported that some time ago in this forum. Now I'm back, and even bought a nikon m42 converter,
because I still have my CZJ 135mm f3.5.

BTW. I have a friend who owns a tair 300mm , but not m42, smaller. Is that M38 ??
Is there a converter for that to canon ?
thx,
Paul

D810 + nikkors + czjs + other stuff - A.FIAP

The TAIR is most likely in M39 mount (for early Zenit SLR, it is not a Leica thread mount!) - and M39-M42 adapter rings are readily available on ebay. There are direct M39-EOS adapters, too.