Re: OMG, I'm here!

440roadrunner, here's a quick and dirty cell phone shot of a friends Road Runner. Not the guy on the left btw.
I thought this might help to cheer you up, as well as give some inspiration. wink
http://www.fototime.com/A3089B967292878/standard.jpg
This Bird is all numbers matching, including the built 383 mated to a beefy 727 trans, and 4:88 gears out back.
It put a big smile on my face after going for a ride in it. big_smile

I put that adapter in a safe place, never to be seen again.

Strangely enough I'm shooting more manual focus now than I did when I was a frequent visitor to the forum. The Sony NEX 6 is ideally suited to MF with its 10x magnification in the EVF - not to mention the fact that the standard Sony lens isn't over brilliant.

I enjoyed the forum at the time, sad to see that there isn't much traffic these days.

Currently using Canon 5DII and NEX 6 with Olympus, Pentax, Canon and M42 converters.

Photo Blog

I'm still shooting manual lenses,

My Mamiya 7 is going strong

I bought a 5x4 speedgraphic 2 years ago

And I still have my 10x8 Sinar

big_smile

Ben

Nice to hear from you Benny ;-)

Here I still shoot 120, but I have to say I have a stash of B&W film that is in need of processing, and I have totally slacked of on that for a long while!

Still shoot pretty much ONLY manual lens tho, on the digital side; still 5DMkII -- but I also bought a tiny Pana m4:3 with a fixed foxus 14mm f2.5 -- that's quite handy...

Haven't done large format in a while, primarily since my wife has /lost/ the bag containing my lens stash. Yes she did -- when we moved house. She promises it's not 'gone' but she hasn't found it yet... grumble grumble...

Canon 5DII and a few lens -- Tachihara 8x10. Chamonix 45N-1, Crown Graphic 4x5. Moskva, Zeiss Super Ikonta C
Bronica S2A, Agfa Super Isolette, Iskra, Rolleiflex. Leica M2, Bessa R, Zorki 1,3,3M and a few more...

buze wrote:

Haven't done large format in a while, primarily since my wife has /lost/ the bag containing my lens stash. Yes she did -- when we moved house. She promises it's not 'gone' but she hasn't found it yet... grumble grumble...

And quite a stash it was if I remember correctly.
It's good to see a little activity here guys. smile

I put that adapter in a safe place, never to be seen again.

Hi,
After my switch to Nikon D8xx, MF has been slow for a few  years.
But some time ago I found myself unable to resist the aquisition of a Nikkor 300mm f2.8 Ais.
I reported that some time ago in this forum. Now I'm back, and even bought a nikon m42 converter,
because I still have my CZJ 135mm f3.5.

BTW. I have a friend who owns a tair 300mm , but not m42, smaller. Is that M38 ??
Is there a converter for that to canon ?
thx,
Paul

D810 + nikkors + czjs + other stuff - A.FIAP

The TAIR is most likely in M39 mount (for early Zenit SLR, it is not a Leica thread mount!) - and M39-M42 adapter rings are readily available on ebay. There are direct M39-EOS adapters, too.