Topic: Bought a 4:3 ! (Lumix DCM-GM1)

Finally took the plunge, I wanted a more compact, good quality digital camera for a while, and was pondering the LX series perhaps, but after getting them in the hand etc, I decided to pick the fancy little Panasonic Lumix DCM-GM1, it's /tiny/ and still has a four third sensor, and a lens mount, as well as all manual modes, and RAW..

Only been playing with it a little, haven't 'mounted' other lens on it, but I just might try that sooner than later, I wonder how it will behave with the Voightlander 40mm f1.4 I've been using on the Leica M2...

Canon 5DII and a few lens -- Tachihara 8x10. Chamonix 45N-1, Crown Graphic 4x5. Moskva, Zeiss Super Ikonta C
Bronica S2A, Agfa Super Isolette, Iskra, Rolleiflex. Leica M2, Bessa R, Zorki 1,3,3M and a few more...

Re: Bought a 4:3 ! (Lumix DCM-GM1)

Congratulation, the GM1 is really tiny.

When you are writing not having mounted any other lenses on it, what lense else do you have in use with the GM1?

Hanoi

Right now I only have the kit lens, still pondering what to get. I ordered a LTM and a M adapter, but, theres is a conversion ratio do that will just give me a few longish lens. Also, my 'fancy' leica mounts (Jupiters) won't fit due to their fat ass ;-)

Canon 5DII and a few lens -- Tachihara 8x10. Chamonix 45N-1, Crown Graphic 4x5. Moskva, Zeiss Super Ikonta C
Bronica S2A, Agfa Super Isolette, Iskra, Rolleiflex. Leica M2, Bessa R, Zorki 1,3,3M and a few more...

I bought several adapters for my GF1, was trying contax and c-mount lenses, but at the end of the day the tiny 14mm Lumix is still my favourite lense. So small, so cute, so silent, and by far good enough for everything. And it fits in almost every pocket.
Please don't understand this as recomendation, it is just my personal experience.

Hanoi

Thanks, actually I was looking at it, it looks like some sort of 35mm equivalent, which I like a lot. I tend to use the kit lens at mostly the 12mm end anyway... I'll definitely look into it, might pick up a 18mm f1.8 too...