Topic: I don't believe it !!!!!!!!!

Just how thick can a person be?  read on.....
I went to a DIY superstore today to buy some bits and bobs for my workshop, I wanted 10m of 3 core cable for a light extension and the guy on the counter said its 75p a metre so i told him i wanted 10m and went to browse for some drill bits etc, when i returned to pay for the items the cable was packed in a bag ready and waiting so i paid and left.
In the carpark i remembered i wanted some clips for the cable and opened the bag containing the cable to find 10x 1m lengths!  No kidding!  FFS what moron would cut 10 sodding separate bits of cable ?  I went back inside and pointed the "mistake" out to the boss who said " Not again"  nuff said eh  I eventually got my single 10m piece of cable once i had finished P*****g myself lol

Re: I don't believe it !!!!!!!!!

Yea, gotta wonder about "some peoples kids", eh?  LOL
Glad you checked before you got home.

Seymore
MooreFoto

aye someone has to employ the village idiot lol

lol! A classic Victor Meldrew moment smile

JethroTull wrote:

I never heard this saying before, but this is so great!!!!

Hanoi

Hanoi wrote:
JethroTull wrote:

I never heard this saying before, but this is so great!!!!

Hanoi

LOL  I'm used to it!  my wife calls me it all the time 8-)

WOW! And that person will be the first to ask for a pay raise. hmm

I put that adapter in a safe place, never to be seen again.

i think we were all young and stupid once smile

I  sold   auto and truck  parts  and heavy  hardware  for  some 15 years.   I  got to  the point  where I hated  dealing  with the "pubic."    But  today's   crop  of   corporatized   and  computer  "savvy"    "counter help"  is just simply  incredible.    This is in the U.S.  and most don't even know  traditional  standardized  tube  and hose  fittings.

440roadrunner wrote:

But  today's   crop  of   corporatized   and  computer  "savvy"    "counter help"  is just simply  incredible.    This is in the U.S.  and most don't even know  traditional  standardized  tube  and hose  fittings.

Yeah, yeah, every generation is saying that from the following one. Imagine how smart they were centuries ago and how we went down the drain since then!

"That rug really tied the room together."  The Dude

Zarathustra wrote:
440roadrunner wrote:

But  today's   crop  of   corporatized   and  computer  "savvy"    "counter help"  is just simply  incredible.    This is in the U.S.  and most don't even know  traditional  standardized  tube  and hose  fittings.

Yeah, yeah, every generation is saying that from the following one. Imagine how smart they were centuries ago and how we went down the drain since then!

I  don't know where you get this  "information."    I used to  sell  auto,  light and some heavy truck,  and  heavy hardware, logging,  wire rope  and other rigging.  We  sold and  made  hydraulic  and other hose and fittings,  and I've personally turned  thousands  of brake drums and rotors.      I  left  that   "career"  sometime in the mid  eighties.     We  still had  old catalogs  clear back, in some cases,  into the early thirties.   

When I go  into  a modern   "parts store"  and no one knows  the difference between  SAE and inverted flare,  or JIC / AN,  then  "they don't know."

Hell I once had someone try to tell me  how great "metric" was  because   "they are all standard."    I  guess he  never  tried to thread  a  French bolt  into a  Jap car.

At  home I use what is  called  "industrial interchange"  (Hanson  Milton)  air  quick couplers.    Not long ago   I  had   a "parts person"  try and sell me    a  "truflate"  design  and  convince me  that  "it will fit  they are all the same."      When  I tried  to explain that   I'm  aware  of at least  5  specific  1/4"  designs, he had no idea  what I was trying to get across.

Recently  I was  attempting  to research  tire  sizes  for my  67  Dart.   A  guy at a tire  store  had NO idea  what I meant  by   the "outside diameter"  of a tire.

The  WORST   situation is when  someone  doesn't know, and they try and make  you, the customer,   as the "dumb one."    That is usually a huge  mistake  with me.

Last edited by 440roadrunner (2014-06-18 05:49:38)

Yes, metric system should be the standard as it is the most logical system (if it were not the case, it would not be almost universally used). But as intelligent people are pragmatic, it is not used in some industrial area for historical reason, petroleum piping for instance.

"That rug really tied the room together."  The Dude