Topic: Which program do you use for watermarking your pics?

And is there something to do it in some sort of batch? Or do you watermark them all seperately?

Got totally no clue... hmm

Re: Which program do you use for watermarking your pics?

I do not watermark whatsoever....

Mark.
Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark II // Canon EOS 350D // Leica R7 // Bronica SQ-B // Olympus 35SP // Olympus XA
Lenslist: click

I don't bother either. I've had a bigger problem with people I've actually licensed images to  misusing / mis-attributing images than I've ever had with randoms online.

Just make sure that anything you put out there that you're worried about is o.k for web use but too low res for anything else.

Last edited by DS (2010-03-09 15:04:51)

I do watermark, or at least I started a while ago. I use CS3.
I created an action that runs for every picture I work on.
I have to push the play button, though.

For sale
Contax PC Auto Bellows + Contax slide copier
http://forum.manualfocus.org//viewtopic.php?id=18640

I am on a windows platform. Faststone viewer is free and has the possibility to do batch watermarking/adding text + border. Recommended!

for gearlist, click here

Pretty mixed feelings about this all have we?  smile

I like DS's tip though... Not to keen on watermarking myself, but I've seen others here on this forum using their stamps constantly... Anywayz, thanks for the tips...

Hello there. I agree with DS:

DS wrote:

Just make sure that anything you put out there that you're worried about is o.k for web use but too low res for anything else.

Once something is on the net and is publicly viewable there is  no way to prevent the download. That said I watermark my photos just as a way to put a signature. I use Imagemagick inside a shell script (I work on Linux platform) to batch process entire directories at a time. This should work under Windoze as well, I recall a member here using it too.

Cheers, Marty.

If you really want to add some watermark, you can use photoshop or gimp to add a watermark over your photos.  Though personally, I do not add a watermark to my pictures because they can be overcome quite easily actually.

I mean, especially if you are up against someone who is really good with keeping up with watermarks, it would be no tough task.

I use irfanview for batch watermarking.