Topic: Paintshop Pro X4

I've just bought PSP X4 Ultimate from Amazon UK for £20.97, complete new, boxed with everthing as it should be. This was from Amazon itself and not a reseller, only downside is that there is a waiting list and although they originally quoted 2-5 weeks I only had to wait about 10 days. Seeing as the retail price of this is £79.99 in the UK then I am more than pleased.

So far it seems to be quite an improvement over my old PSP X version and running it for a week now I have had no problems or crashes. Certainly a worthwhile purchase.

If you go for this then make sure once you have registered it with Corel you download the SP1 from their site because it adds a few refinements.

Last edited by ramon (2012-01-14 10:53:39)

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy.

Re: Paintshop Pro X4

I've been running the free demo of X4 offered by Corel.  It's identical to the full retail version except it expires after 30 days.  I have only a couple of days left. I'm a PSP user from way back.  Started off with v4.0 in the mid-90s and I've been using X2 since 2009.  I like X2 a lot; there are things I can do easily with X2 that I just can't seem to get done in Photoshop (CS5).  As for X4, there are a few aspects that I find quite annoying and unnecessary to boot. Enough for me not to upgrade?  I dunno yet, haven't made up my mind.  I guess what I need to do is weigh the new improvements that I'm likely to use against the things I don't like about it.  Honestly, it's gonna be a pretty close call.

Last edited by cooltouch (2012-01-15 19:36:20)

I also started with Version 4, eventually I went to V7 and then to X which was quite a drastic step and it took me some time to get used to it.

There were a were a few things that I wasn't keen on with the current version but I'm getting used to it now and wouldn't go back. I haven't used X2 but shouldn't imagine you gain much by upgrading.

Incidentally did you download the Service pack 1, you can still apply that to the free trial and it does make a difference.

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy.

Welp, I found out that I had 0 days left when I tried to start it up today.  So, no SP 1. smile  But I have another computer that gets underused right now, so I could d/l a copy to it, and get another 30 day trial.  I might do that.  X4 is actually more similar to X2 than X3 is.  X3 was plain weird and hard to use.  I pretty much hated it from the git-go.  I still think that X2 is easier to use than X4.  The only reason why I would upgrade would be to take advantage of a few additions to X4 that I found somewhat useful. But I would still keep the copy of X2 resident.