Topic: Photoshop CS5 from Evasoft, Legit??

Evasoft have CS5 at  £348 as an upgrade from Elements. I have googled around and have found a few favourable reviews and nothing horrible. Should I run a mile?

Looking at some of the obvious counterfeit sites it's amusing to use the new Google Image Search to find the real identities behind all those glowing testimonials.

Kicking myself for not getting my son to buy a student edition when he was eligible.

Tony

Re: Photoshop CS5 from Evasoft, Legit??

Can you check with Adobe to see if they are legit ? Normaly, "if it's too good to be true.." applies, but with Adobe pricing, it's so totally bonkers ...

Canon 5DII and a few lens -- Tachihara 8x10. Chamonix 45N-1, Crown Graphic 4x5. Moskva, Zeiss Super Ikonta C
Bronica S2A, Agfa Super Isolette, Iskra, Rolleiflex. Leica M2, Bessa R, Zorki 1,3,3M and a few more...

Re: Photoshop CS5 from Evasoft, Legit??

I haven't yet. Reading Tony Sleep's excellent piece: http://tonysleep.co.uk/node/586 , it seems that Adobe are not particularly interested in helping stop counterfeiting, perhaps they see it as a way of reinforcing market dominance in that many illegal users will be converted to full price buyers. I can't help thinking that they would make more money by selling 10X more copies at £100. Their business decision and I suppose the backlash from previous buyers would be horrendous

Tony