Topic: Bavarian Sunset

I posted this photo in Off Topic, I used the 24mm Canon EF lense on a Canon crop camera. So it has nothing to do with MF ...

But the sunset was very unusual, this image is just out of the box, no Photoshop art.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1576/24547322894_9ce910713a_h.jpg

Hanoi

Re: Bavarian Sunset

Wow! What a beautiful sky, we get some strange skies in the summer that are orange streaks and are usually followed by storms.
We are near the mountains and sea so get a good mixture of weather but no snow
Brian

Yes , the sky is splendid , but the dark foreground , in my opinion , is too present .
I would not hesitate to cut it horizontally between the door and the window of the left house .

I am a Pentacon and kiev( MF and35 mm) user,and also :contaxII,III,IIa  ,contaflex , contarex bullseye ,voigtlander ....

ikonpeter wrote:

Yes , the sky is splendid , but the dark foreground , in my opinion , is too present .
I would not hesitate to cut it horizontally between the door and the window of the left house .

I agree about there being too much of the buildings. However, the coloured reflections do add to the composition.

Well Hanoi you've shown.... always have a camera with you.
I don't know about the rest of the world but the countries I've been to in Europe you can't plan for a lovely sunset and annoyingly happens at the wrong time (well for me) to include a great scenic view.

Last edited by excalibur (2016-02-22 14:33:59)

Nikon FM, F90x, EM, F90x, Canon AV1, A1, T70 & T90, Minolta X-700, SRT101b and AFZ, Pentax S3, Fuji STX-2, Practica MTL3, TL5b, BC1, Chinon Chinon CE,  Konica Autoreflex TC, FS-1 & C35, Yashica T5D, Olympus OM2, Contax139, Ricoh KR-10,  Bronica Etrs, Mamiya RB67 pro AND drum roll:- a Sony DSC-P92
.........past gear Tele Rollieflex and Rollei SL66.

excalibur wrote:

you can't plan for a sunset and annoyingly happen at the wrong time (well for me) to include a great scenic view.

At the end of the day, you have to shoot the sunset at the end of the day! big_smile

Harold

e6filmuser wrote:
excalibur wrote:

you can't plan for a sunset and annoyingly happen at the wrong time (well for me) to include a great scenic view.

At the end of the day, you have to shoot the sunset at the end of the day! big_smile

Harold

It's surprising what just one missing word makes smile

Nikon FM, F90x, EM, F90x, Canon AV1, A1, T70 & T90, Minolta X-700, SRT101b and AFZ, Pentax S3, Fuji STX-2, Practica MTL3, TL5b, BC1, Chinon Chinon CE,  Konica Autoreflex TC, FS-1 & C35, Yashica T5D, Olympus OM2, Contax139, Ricoh KR-10,  Bronica Etrs, Mamiya RB67 pro AND drum roll:- a Sony DSC-P92
.........past gear Tele Rollieflex and Rollei SL66.

Thank you, guys. I truly appreciate your comments.

ikonpeter wrote:

I hope this cut matches your expectation. You are right, too much dark foreground, too many trees (something my wife is always shouting me about)  makes the image somehow nervy.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1468/25172694906_480969c74f_h.jpg

First I thought I could brighten up the shadows a bit, but then the atmosphere was gone. So I let it as it was.

Hanoi

I like it better : I like  the shining roofs on the right side of your picture . I like also the thin branches stretched out to the sky .
This is a good image !

I am a Pentacon and kiev( MF and35 mm) user,and also :contaxII,III,IIa  ,contaflex , contarex bullseye ,voigtlander ....

ikonpeter wrote:

I like it better : I like  the shining roofs on the right side of your picture . I like also the thin branches stretched out to the sky .
This is a good image !

Thank you, Peter.

Hanoi