Topic: The Wanderer Returns

Hi guys,
Its been a long time but I have finally picked up my cameras again and hopefully get back to enjoying shooting and chatting about cameras etc.
I haven't been on here for quite a while due to many things including 3 deaths in our family and  I also have had some serious health issues, I haven't been totally idle and to take my mind off stuff going on here I have been making a few wooden Intarsia plaques (anyone who has seen my Flickr gallery will know what I am talking about) and its helped to keep me almost sane but I had to put the cameras away when I lost most of the use in my hand/arm/leg so couldn't get out and about to shoot something different and I could only post soooooooo many macros of flies and flowers lol.
I cannot access any of my Flickr images due to problems with me forgetting my passwords and Yahoo won't help in any way to solve it so I have created a new account on 500px and hope to post some of my better shots on there and also any new stuff (Flickr can get ************)
Both my wife and myself feel like we have been through the wringer and its taking time to get our heads clear but they say time is a great healer so fingers crossed eh.
Ruth told me to get the camera out again and I have accidentally added a couple of old lenses to my collection and they are actually pretty good, one is a Kenlock 28mm f2.8 and having owned and lost one identical a couple of years ago had to have another and this one is a minter!  the other little gem is a charity shop find for £3.00 including a OM10! an Olympus Zuiko Auto S 50mm f1.8 and what a beauty! mega sharp and again in mint condition. Looks like things are on the upturn at last.
Anyway just like to say big hello and hope your all in good health and its great to be back.
Cheers
Brian

Re: The Wanderer Returns

Photography, the great healer, hopefully.

Harold

Chatting about cameras is great.

Unfortunately, it is not so busy here anymore as it was years ago. Some from the first/old guys are saying hello, from time to time.

I am glad when the guys from the old days post topics here again, like you.

I hope Harold is right what he says about the great healer.

Hanoi

Cheers guys and if anything photography does keep your mind ticking over and manual focus is even better as there's more techniques to practice.
Personally I actually prefer forums where the chat is constructive and less idiots posting sarcastic comments. I made the mistake of mentioning I had been funeral planning and hadn't had time to do much photography and I got some prats asking for my home address so they could send me a length of rope (noose) so I can be with my mum! now how sick is that?  maybe they thought it was funny? who knows but there are some very strange people about online.
Anyway I will concentrate on camera talk from now on and have been browsing the gallery shots on here and amazed at the detail quality shots you guys have been posting.... I still have my Canon 600d plus loads of manual lenses so expect to post one or two soon once my batteries are charged lol
Cheers
Brian

JethroTull wrote:

... Personally I actually prefer forums where the chat is constructive and less idiots posting sarcastic comments...

I assume then you like this forum. Most guys here are very friendly and thoughtful. But I am convinced this do you know better than I do.

I am throwing from time to time an eye on a German forum where images are discussed accross the forum members. That's sometimes rude, I can tell you.

Hanoi

LOL  No Hanoi I love the guys on here and always friendly but there are quite a few online groups who basically have nothing better to do and insult etc (its amazing how many of them never post any shots they have taken too....makes ya wonder if they actually like cameras)
I used to know quite a few people from Germany when I went to the TT Races on Isle of Man and they certainly know how to party on their campsites! lol and don't mention Mad Sunday.... I am no slouch on a bike but some of the German guys would overtake on tight bends at 70mph+ 8-)

Brian

JethroTull wrote:

Anyway I will concentrate on camera talk from now on and have been browsing the gallery shots on here and amazed at the detail quality shots you guys have been posting.... I still have my Canon 600d plus loads of manual lenses so expect to post one or two soon once my batteries are charged lol
Cheers
Brian

The more retrograde my collection of lenses becomes, the better are my images, for macro anyway.

I personally know only two guys, we were in the same class during elementary school, who frequently trafel to TT Races on Isle of Man. Mad guys. I like them somehow, but would never sit down on their passenger seats, not for one meter.
The stories I hear match the impressions you gave.

Hanoi