Re: Exakta IIa + TTL Prisma Harwix + Pancolar 2/50

All non-violent manifestation on and around the football field is simply a catharsis

" Well let's hope the Balkan small war with genocide is the last."   ...   The  Future is open to the best and the worst ....

I am a Pentacon and kiev( MF and35 mm) user,and also :contaxII,III,IIa  ,contaflex , contarex bullseye ,voigtlander ....

ikonpeter wrote:

...  My aeronautical English is far from the language of this high level intellectual who wrote  his topic about Albert Camus  in the New York Times  2 days ago  ... .

... But so much better than mine.

ikonpeter wrote:

... I have been living for 16 years ( very moving ) .

Peter, does this mean, you have some memories about the time prior to 1962, when there have been violent unrests or civil war?

May I ask you when you (the year) leaf Algeria ?

Do you still have connections to friends from this time?

Sorry for many questions. It seems to me you have (had) an interesting, or should I say exciting live back so many years?

Thanks.

Hanoi

Last edited by Hanoi (2016-01-26 11:21:31)

I was born in 1945 , the war in Algeria began the 1st of November 1954 as a terrorist attack on civilians and went on  with the same mode of action until the end  in July 1962 . We left Algiers in July 1961 . My father was still in the French Air Force and was assigned at Cognac !  This Air base has been built by the Luftwaffe for  long range aircraft , looking for Allied convoys . This base is situated in the South East of the town : All the bombs fell South East of the base without damage .The base was intact  in particular the superb officers' Mess . Of course its Gothic style doesn't match exactly the local French style !
You have to know that the chief of the Kommandantur was the man who imported the brandy   before and after the war in Germany .  The brandy storehouses was perfectly protected  in sort that the brandy aged gently . The Allied took all the precautions to aim their bombs off the storehouses  (" chais" in French)  .
   So , once the war ended, the winners had great reserve of old brandy at their disposal !!!

I am a Pentacon and kiev( MF and35 mm) user,and also :contaxII,III,IIa  ,contaflex , contarex bullseye ,voigtlander ....

Peter, thank you very much for these notes.
It was a pleasure to read!

I didn't know that Kommandatur is the same word in French and German.

BTW, the Camus arrived this morning. Looking forward to start reading ...

Hanoi

Kommandantur is the German word and there is not equivalent  French structure thus no French word   . I think that most French people understand this German word because the origin of "Kommandantur comes probably from the French word " Commandant " which is a rank in the Army .

I guess you are right.
I used Google translator for this word because I was uncertain if you used this word in German or French context. And Google translator gave me the same result. I overlooked that when Google translator cannot translate a word, input and output is then always the same.

Hanoi

excalibur wrote:

****words from my UK colleagues about the German team are sometimes music in my ears***

...and the Scots annoy the English by many supporting Germany against England at football and not only that, as the Scots have been allies with the French since about the 13th century would rather support France.

I forgot to mention that I like the premiere league.
It is a lie when I say it has nothing to do with Klopp, Ösil, Mertesheimer and Co. At least a little bit.
But apart from that, premiere league is very great kino/cinema.... I am not sure if this is good English ?

Hanoi

Last edited by Hanoi (2016-02-17 21:57:28)