Topic: Sony will announce A7r tonite

FF lighter and smaller than em-1. E-mount. no AA filter. Weather proof. Very good EVF. 2200usd for body. Suppoosedly brand new sensor, tuned for short flange.

You can see all sorts of details at sonyalpharumours.

Will be a great platform for manual glass....knock on wood smile

Re: Sony will announce A7r tonite

I was waiting for the A99 to come down in price!

Last edited by Action Jackson (2013-10-15 22:01:15)

K5 & Vivitar x [200 3.5 (Komine) M42 * Series 1 70-210 3.5 Macro M42 (Kiron) * 55 2.8 Macro M42 (Komine) * Series 1 105 2.5 Macro] \ Sears x [135 2.8 Macro * 55 2.8 Macro M42 * 28 2.8 Macro] \ Sigma x [17-70 2.8-4 Macro * 50 2.8 Macro] \ Tair-3 4,5/300A (1973) M42 \ Lester Dine (Kiron) 105 2.8 Macro \ Pentax x [SMC A 35-105 3.5 Macro * DA*60-250 4]

http://www.cameraegg.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Sony-A73.jpg
http://www.cameraegg.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Sony-A7-back.jpg
http://www.cameraegg.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Sony-A7-side.jpg
http://www.cameraegg.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Sony-A7-top.jpg
http://www.cameraegg.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Sony-A7-1.jpg
http://www.cameraegg.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Sony-A7-2.jpg
http://www.cameraegg.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Sony-A7-with-28-70mm-lens-hand.jpg
touchscreen?

Pre-ordered the A7 right away, because I love my Nex 5N and want a bigger sensor. smile

The performance with wide angle M mount lenses seems to be disappointing on the A7: http://www.ronscheffler.com/techtalk/?p=224
Still, that's only a portion of the primes that can be adapted on this body.

Enthusiastic padawan.
Pics on flickr.

I received my (slightly-used) A7R body this week and am rejoicing at being able to use my OM and Tamron SP super-wides as I did on my OM4. I also have a Canon FD adapter for my Kiron 105mm macro and an M42 adapter for my macro extensions and thread-adapted M39s.

Last edited by e6filmuser (2016-01-29 12:40:36)

Congratulations ..

Is the body in the condition you have expected - and was promised?

Hanoi

Hanoi wrote:

Congratulations ..

Hanoi

It is my assessment but I would agree with " It is in very good condition" and could check on "with only 11411 shutter actuations" if I found out how.

e6filmuser wrote:
Hanoi wrote:

Congratulations ..

Hanoi

It is my assessment but I would agree with " It is in very good condition" and could check on "with only 11411 shutter actuations" if I found out how.

You'll have great results with all those lenses & more... the adaptors are cheap... get the remote if you intend using longer lenses - I found it near impossible with 200/300mm until I used the remote or on a beanbag.
My 40D was a wee' bit tired & have been looking for months for a good 70D but as usual I spied and bought a 7D on a whim (Boy, I'm glad I did & a good price), arrived yesterday, absolutely mint 14K shutter actions... I hope your Sony proves to be the exact count as described too. The wee' Sony camera's are crazy good...  cool

JimH wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:
Hanoi wrote:

Congratulations ..

Hanoi

You'll have great results with all those lenses & more... the adaptors are cheap... get the remote if you intend using longer lenses - I found it near impossible with 200/300mm until I used the remote or on a beanbag.
My 40D was a wee' bit tired & have been looking for months for a good 70D but as usual I spied and bought a 7D on a whim (Boy, I'm glad I did & a good price), arrived yesterday, absolutely mint 14K shutter actions... I hope your Sony proves to be the exact count as described too. The wee' Sony camera's are crazy good...  cool

Thanks. I have done almost 100% close ups and macro this past year. This has taken my macro a long way but I need to take, literally, a wider view of the word at times, as I did in my film days.

I had been considering a Canon D full frame, with the MPE-65 as an attraction, but that lens is now unrepairable, and I have two lenses which, between them, do as good or better jobs with no electrics to fail.

e6filmuser wrote:

could check on "with only 11411 shutter actuations" if I found out how.

http://tools.science.si/index.php

barney wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:

Brilliant, thanks very much.

e6filmuser wrote:
barney wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:

Did you manage to upload the file... did it work??

JimH wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:

Yes, thanks.

That gave the 11466, above.

Last edited by e6filmuser (2016-02-05 10:51:38)

e6filmuser wrote:
JimH wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:

Yes, thanks.

That gave the 11466, above.

Good news, great to know it works.

e6filmuser wrote:

I received my (slightly-used) A7R body this week and am rejoicing at being able to use my OM and Tamron SP super-wides as I did on my OM4. I also have a Canon FD adapter for my Kiron 105mm macro and an M42 adapter for my macro extensions and thread-adapted M39s.

CONGRATS! Be sure and post images taken with your new found friend. smile

I put that adapter in a safe place, never to be seen again.

Ballen Photo wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:

CONGRATS! Be sure and post images taken with your new found friend. smile

Thanks. I don't quite know how that will work out, as I tried it with a 180mm lens and shutter vibration showed in images shot at 1/400 or 1/1000 sec, with bean bag or tripod or tripod with Sorbothane on the baseplate.

A received a Nissin Air (Radio-Controlled) flashgun yesterday but the Commander unit recently released) was omitted from the parcel. I should find that flash overcomes the vibrations.

e6filmuser wrote:

Thanks. I don't quite know how that will work out, as I tried it with a 180mm lens and shutter vibration showed in images shot at 1/400 or 1/1000 sec, with bean bag or tripod or tripod with Sorbothane on the baseplate.

Interesting, those shutter speeds combined with the dampening measures should have been sufficient to cancel the vibration?
Try using a remote release while waiting a few seconds after adjusting the camera so the vibration has had time to subside.

Ballen Photo wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:

Interesting, those shutter speeds combined with the dampening measures should have been sufficient to cancel the vibration?
Try using a remote release while waiting a few seconds after adjusting the camera so the vibration has had time to subside.

I don't think anything works, according to experienced users. I would use anti-shock (1/8 sec being a popular fix elsewhere) but it seems that is no good either. We have had few moments of sunshine recently so my activity has been limited. I think I will start with flash and progress from there. That will show me how much detail the sensor captures from my best lenses.

e6filmuser wrote:

I don't think anything works, according to experienced users. I would use anti-shock (1/8 sec being a popular fix elsewhere) but it seems that is no good either. We have had few moments of sunshine recently so my activity has been limited. I think I will start with flash and progress from there. That will show me how much detail the sensor captures from my best lenses.

Strange. hmm
Post your flash results here too so we can see how that worked out for you.

Ballen Photo wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:

Strange. hmm
Post your flash results here too so we can see how that worked out for you.

The Nissin Command unit should catch up with the flash gun soon. Then I have to find some subjects. I may start with my test chart. The trouble is that waiting in for gear to be delivered stops me going out photographing!

e6filmuser wrote:

The Nissin Command unit should catch up with the flash gun soon. Then I have to find some subjects. I may start with my test chart. The trouble is that waiting in for gear to be delivered stops me going out photographing!

I guess we will have to wait then. wink

Ballen Photo wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:

I guess we will have to wait then. wink

It will probably be worth it, as I have a new monitor on its way (allegedly to be delivered today) and I will no longer have to tolerate the blur this one has from a top to bottom crack. I should be able to be much more critical over sharpness.

I could use the flash on the hot shoe but that is something I only do when I have no choice and it would not represent my operating conditions. Even a single off-camera flash would not give typical results but I am not investing in a second gun until I know it is worthwhile.

Harold