Topic: OMG, I'm here!

I was definitely gone for a long while, reading now and then, and feeling bad about not posting etc. Life, work, houses, work, life, etc etc..

I'm here! I still shoot, but not LF at the minute, I had to "downscale" my pic taking to reasonable levels, so it's only MF and digital (5D mk II)

But, I still shoot only MF lens! I have a backlog of B&W to develop that I've been iching to go into for quite a while too..

but, I'm here, and still true to the spirit. Flektogon++, and a bagful of other trusted now even older, old friends :-)

Will post some pics in the gallery and lens topics soon :-)

Canon 5DII and a few lens -- Tachihara 8x10. Chamonix 45N-1, Crown Graphic 4x5. Moskva, Zeiss Super Ikonta C
Bronica S2A, Agfa Super Isolette, Iskra, Rolleiflex. Leica M2, Bessa R, Zorki 1,3,3M and a few more...

Re: OMG, I'm here!

Welcome back , Buze : we are waiting for your new pictures , either B&W or colours ....

I am a Pentacon and kiev( MF and35 mm) user,and also :contaxII,III,IIa  ,contaflex , contarex bullseye ,voigtlander ....

Glad you're still alive smile I'm still checking in occasionally too but I have switched to just the Nikon D800 and three AF lenses, so after years of manual focus I'm all AF now and not posting to the gallery any longer. Might pick up some older MF lenses for the Nikon in time. We'll see.

So this is what happened to everybody. I tracked down Buze's posts just to see if there was still any activity here. hmm

I put that adapter in a safe place, never to be seen again.

Only to disappear again? sad
Graham, find some adapters quick. smile

I have said it before: without new users the dynamics of a forum will fade.....

Mark.
Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark II // Canon EOS 350D // Leica R7 // Bronica SQ-B // Olympus 35SP // Olympus XA
Lenslist: click

MACS wrote:

I have said it before: without new users the dynamics of a forum will fade.....

That, and I'm afraid our fearless leader buze has been missing for a year since his last post? At least it appears that way in this thread. 
YUP, just checked his profile and he has been MIA for a year. hmm buze, where are you?

This forum was fun! I am still pushing MF lenses on a Sony NEX-6 (much better than 3N), or film on Leica M2. However I have settled to three Leica lenses and I don't buy/sell MF gear any more.

It is true that lack of new users means slowdown. 6-7 years ago we would be willing to give a kidney for a mirrorless camera and all the possibilities it would open for us. This forum lost its momentum at the best period of MF lenses, sadly.

K.

Leica M2 + Summicron 35 v4, Summicron 50 v4, Elmarit-M 90
CZJ Werramatic + Flektogon 35, Tessar 50, Cardinar 100
Sony NEX-6 + Konica Minolta Dimage Scan Dual IV

Yeah! were have you been? It's been far too long!

Nikon D200, Nikon F90,  Rolleiflex SL35, Konica 1 rangefinder, Bronica SQAi, Yashica Mat & Yashica 24, Hasselblad XPan, 45mm f4 & 90mm f4, Chamonix 45N-1, Schneider Symmar 180mm f5.6, Schneider Super Angulon 90mm f5.6, Schneider 240 G-Claron f9, Polaroid 600 SE & SX70, Zero 2000 & Zero 45 pinhole cameras, Agfa Super Isolette

I  do  check in here once in awhile when I think of it.  Unfortunately  I've been  having some health  issues  (I'm now 66)  and  can  no longer hike or  even be   "on my feet"  for long periods.    I  even  "didn't go"  to  the airshow  at  Fairchild  AFB   in Spokane this spring.

440roadrunner wrote:

I  do  check in here once in awhile when I think of it.  Unfortunately  I've been  having some health  issues  (I'm now 66)  and  can  no longer hike or  even be   "on my feet"  for long periods.    I  even  "didn't go"  to  the airshow  at  Fairchild  AFB   in Spokane this spring.

It is still the arthritic health what is bad enough to prevent you visiting the airshow?
I am very sorry to read this.

Hanoi

Hanoi wrote:
440roadrunner wrote:

It is still the arthritic health what is bad enough to prevent you visiting the airshow?
I am very sorry to read this.

Yes, me too. sad  But you can still hang out here with some of us in the meanwhile, right?

hi to old mff gang, not come around here for some time now..
not so much in photography latelty, but similiar to graham, with some new ff gear (planned in near future), maybe it's time to revive manual lense itch..

Hi izo, good to see some of the old gang gathering here. smile

omg, just noticed my registration date, it will be 10 years next season. time flies..

How does it feel to be an old timer? tongue

Hi to all too.  I still check in from time to time, mostly shooting with a Sony Nex5N until last week when I moved to a Sony A6000 (after 5N got smashed on rocks when I was helping an old lady who had slipped over on said rocks) with some old faithful MF (flek, sniper etc) but just not been shooting enough recently, the too busy with life/work curse. However the new camera has spurred some ebay/trademe searching for some new/old glass. The curse may go into sleep for a while, but it never dies!

Geoff

Hi Geoff, I'm hoping to see more of the old gang drop in. smile

Kind of like the children waiting for tomorrow morrow land? Buze, where did you go? hmm

Well I'm still around, but it's true I've been very busy with all kind of stuff for a while. I still shoot, and my bag only has ML lens in, however the 'favourite' list has narrowed down quite a bit...

But yeah, I've been shooting /less/ -- and I haven't had time to develop quite a few B&W films, mostly because I moved house a year or so ago.. LOTS of stuff to do in the house, and little time to do anything else! I have a space earmarked as 'darkroom' tho :-)

Canon 5DII and a few lens -- Tachihara 8x10. Chamonix 45N-1, Crown Graphic 4x5. Moskva, Zeiss Super Ikonta C
Bronica S2A, Agfa Super Isolette, Iskra, Rolleiflex. Leica M2, Bessa R, Zorki 1,3,3M and a few more...

buze wrote:

Well I'm still around, but it's true I've been very busy with all kind of stuff for a while. I still shoot, and my bag only has ML lens in, however the 'favourite' list has narrowed down quite a bit...

But yeah, I've been shooting /less/ -- and I haven't had time to develop quite a few B&W films, mostly because I moved house a year or so ago.. LOTS of stuff to do in the house, and little time to do anything else! I have a space earmarked as 'darkroom' tho :-)

Who are you again?
Good to see you back for a minute. smile I was wondering about the future of this place. hmm

Crikey Buze missing for a year! 

Its nice to have a mooch about and see some old friends still posting   smile

Starting afresh with manual lenses ...

I haven't been doing much.   My health is  worse,  that is   I can't get around very well, and an very  sensitive to cold,  especially  "with my fingers out"  as in  trying to handle  the gear on  cold days,  and  I just got my  Dart  back from paint,  so   trying  to get  lined out to get it back together

Still  thinking about  picking up a used NEX  so I can  play with  some of the lenses  I  could not mount on the Canon

The  Dart  as  of   about a week ago

http://i59.tinypic.com/osgwoy.jpg

EVERYTHING  needs  to be done

Engine  needs  to go  together,  mated  to  trans  and installed

Need to get front  / rear glass installed

The  dashboard  frame is up at the  power coating  outfit, so IT needs to be re-installed

Pretty much completely re-wired

Get car  moveable  with carburetor  and temp tank

Work on getting  Holley EFI  re-installed

Get  new front  wheel  studs  and  required work  to mount Mustang  "Bullitt"  wheels

And of  course the entire interior of the car.

Last edited by 440roadrunner (2014-12-23 16:35:17)

Wow it's been a while since I've popped in as well.
I still occassionaly shoot with MF lenses but nowhere near as much as I used to

5Dmk2, 20D & 300D Body
M42 CZJ   sonnar 135 f3.5, Flektogon 35mm f2.4, pentacon 135 f2.8 pentacon 300 f4
M42 Takumar  50mm f1.4   200mm f3.5 (work of art)
M42 Tair-3 300mm f4.5,  Zenitar 16mm,(both Russian)

Nikolas wrote:

Wow it's been a while since I've popped in as well.
I still occassionaly shoot with MF lenses but nowhere near as much as I used to

I haven't been shooting much lately either, but it's still nice to hear from some of the older members. smile