Topic: Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summitar 5cm 1:2 in macro mode

This is a Mimosa flower which is less that 20mm across.  The aperture was f2.8.
The Canon 550D, mounted on a small Polaroid  folding tripod,  was set to ASA 400 in manual mode and the lens was attached with a M39 to EOS adapter. 
The most important thing to remember when using this lens was to not collapse it while mounted on the Canon.   

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu208/jbruja/Mimosa%20Flower/_MG_3851_zps9e6f6619.jpg

C&Cs' are welcome.

Last edited by J Bruja (2013-05-07 23:00:20)

Re: Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summitar 5cm 1:2 in macro mode

Nice picture and nice bokeh . I have 2 questions : Is your mimosa flower  really that big  ? here , the flower is very large with 1cm .
But , the strangest for me is its pink colour ; we have only the full yellow species in Provence !

I am a Pentacon and kiev( MF and35 mm) user,and also :contaxII,III,IIa  ,contaflex , contarex bullseye ,voigtlander ....

Re: Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Summitar 5cm 1:2 in macro mode

Good early morning ikonpeter. 
The Mimosa plant itself is quite small and grows low to the ground - so small that I have to lay in the prone position to photograph it straight on.  My wife thinks I'm crazy for going thru all the trouble and she's a quite a good judge of character but she loves the results.
All of these flowers are pink and since Laura is the plant expert I'll have to check with her about variations.