Topic: CF/SD card backup/storage/bank

A long time ago, when I shot a lot of digital, I used an Epson P2000 to copy the CF cards to the internal HD of the device.. It also allowed to view them (even RAW) etc...

What are people using these days ? given the cheap price of storage, there must be quite a few options ?

Suggestions, recommendations ?

Canon 5DII and a few lens -- Tachihara 8x10. Chamonix 45N-1, Crown Graphic 4x5. Moskva, Zeiss Super Ikonta C
Bronica S2A, Agfa Super Isolette, Iskra, Rolleiflex. Leica M2, Bessa R, Zorki 1,3,3M and a few more...

Re: CF/SD card backup/storage/bank

http://forum.manualfocus.org//viewtopic … 49#p142349 wink

Canon 5Dc, Spotmatics II, F, ESII, Pentax 6x7
S-M-C Takumars 17-500mm (18 lenses), S-M-C Macro-Takumars 50 & 100mm, S-M-C Bellows Takumar, Macro-Takumar 50/4 1:1, S-M-C Takumars/6x7 55-200mm (7 lenses)

I was talking "int the field", not lugging a computer around with me ;-)

Canon 5DII and a few lens -- Tachihara 8x10. Chamonix 45N-1, Crown Graphic 4x5. Moskva, Zeiss Super Ikonta C
Bronica S2A, Agfa Super Isolette, Iskra, Rolleiflex. Leica M2, Bessa R, Zorki 1,3,3M and a few more...

:oops:

In the field I use an "iMax MagicBox 2.5" HDD Enclosure w/ 13-in-1 Card Reader" bought in 2006(!) with padded carrying case for US$60.  No viewing however.  Unfortunately, the manufacturer ran into trademark violations with the name iMAX (what were they thinking? lol), so it is no longer made under that brand.

Plug in any card CF, SD, etc., press download button, voila, contents are copied to HDD, in separate folders for each download session.  The 2.5" HDD can be any capacity, the download firmware only supports a 30GB FAT partition, but any other partitions can be used via computer USB.

The 80GB drive put in mine includes a 1GB bootable partition with Tinycore linux, so I can connect it to any computer, boot into TinyCore OS, gain access to all partitions and the drive(s) in the computer, use the internet connection, etc..

S-M-C Takumars 17-500mm (18 lenses), S-M-C Macro-Takumars 50 & 100mm, S-M-C Bellows Takumar, Macro-Takumar 50/4 1:1, S-M-C Takumars/6x7 55-200mm (7 lenses)

I use an external hard drive to store my images after every god shoot.  And when I arrive home, I transfer them to a NAS for backing up. 

I am not really into storage cards as they are very susceptible to getting destroyed or even lost.

The computer will be the better option actually.

B&H Catalog arrived, has "CF/SD card backup/storage/bank" offerings:

Digital Foci: "Picture Porter" US$245-340 and "Photo Safe II" US$170
Hyperdrive: "GIGA Vu Sonic" $333 and "COLORSPACE UDMA" $200-500
NEXTO DI: ND2730 Photo Storage $400
Wolverine: PicPac II $118-130

Hyperdrive models have viewers, the rest backup only.

OTOH, there is a CF/SD reader for iPad...