Re: What Camera are you using today?

Been using my smaller R F's the last month or so, but lately I've been getting an itch to break out the Canons. Those fifties are a favorite of mine. I have a hard time finding a "best" as they all have good points. I lean towards the Nikkor glass- -- this week. Maybe Japanese(canon) next or perhaps German it's hard to beat. Sometimes the Russian glass gets the nod. It's all good, it's all fun. Wish I had more time to shoot.

Nothing today but yesterday I used the Leica R8 with DMR and 280mm f/4:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/scolopacidae/lbdowi04.jpg

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

telyt wrote:

Nothing today but yesterday I used the Leica R8 with DMR and 280mm f/4:

Very nice Doug. smile
-Bruce

I put that adapter in a safe place, never to be seen again.

Your pictures are always a delight to look at !
This one is no exception .
Thanks for posting

I am a Pentacon and kiev( MF and35 mm) user,and also :contaxII,III,IIa  ,contaflex , contarex bullseye ,voigtlander ....

Yesterday, my newly CLA'd Pentacon Six TL. Today, my Pentax K-01 with Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8. Variety is the spice of life!

Looking on another forum I got hooked on a Nikkomat thread.Next thing I know I've got out my Bag. ... checkin' out the FTn --lookin' at the FT2 ,the 105's which 50(?) . I see a trip to the park in my future soon, . .. ... real soon ! Must shoot some film - -- got the monkey on my back.  Will bring extra film,  tripod, batteries.

Last edited by RED (2014-02-01 11:31:35)

In the last weeks...

80% : Fuji X-E1
10% : Leica M8
5% : Nikon1 V1
3% : Canon EOS 5D
2% : Panasonic Lumix GF3

Mostly in my bag ATM: Fuji X-T1, X-E2, X-E1, Leica M8, Nikon1 V1 and several lenses...
Things ON SALE!

It's been NEX-3 for me since just after Christmas. A manual focusser's dream!

Canon EOS30D, Sony NEX-3
Favourite M/F lenses: Nikkor 50/1.4 pre-AI, Zuiko 50/1.4, Flek 35/2.4, SP 35-80/2.8-3.8, Macro-Tak 50/4 preset *NEW* Jupiter-8 and more rangefinder lenses to come!
Favourite (and only) AF lens: Sigma 12-24

Since I own a Fuji X-E2 I am able again to manual focus with my old Zeiss Lenses. They are not as sharp as the fantastic Fuji lenses, but have superb color rendering and this unique Zeiss look.

My Canon P is loaded and ready to go !  Kodak 400 INSIDE (OOD) from my freezer stash. This P sports a Jupiter 3 (1959) 1:1,5  5cm lens that is tack-sharp! Must have been a trial for some Russian photog, as it's shimmed just right for my P. Let's hear one for that soviet era quality control.

Last edited by RED (2014-09-06 20:41:39)

I'm film testing four Electro 35 GSNs that I've refurbished and am getting ready to sell.

nrparsons wrote:

I'm film testing four Electro 35 GSNs that I've refurbished and am getting ready to sell.

It should be interesting to see the results. smile

Ballen Photo wrote:

They're strictly utilitarian shots from around my home and neighborhood--just to let me know if I missed anything in the reconditioning process. I already found that the rangefinder of one of them is still a little off: back to the workbench with it.

If anything interesting develops, I'll post it.

nrparsons wrote:
Ballen Photo wrote:

They're strictly utilitarian shots from around my home and neighborhood--just to let me know if I missed anything in the reconditioning process. I already found that the rangefinder of one of them is still a little off: back to the workbench with it.

If anything interesting develops, I'll post it.

I see, but you should try a few low light shots while you are at it. When they were sold new they said this camera doesn't need a flash at night. wink

My main carry this weekend is a Canon P. with a J-3 lens but liking a bit of camera choice I've also pulled out my little P&S Olympus EE Pen s 1/2 frame. Man that roll just keeps going on and on. Have a great weekend everyone and get "that" shot!

My recently purchased Canon EOS-M and Canon 100mm FD macro.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2941/15296162962_bde5da2df7_c.jpgIMG_0292 by killwilly, on Flickr

Alan.

Very often: Fuji X-T1 and X-E2
Regularly: Fuji X-E1, Leica M8 and Nikon D7000
Occasionally: Nikon1 V1, Canon EOS 10D, Panasonic Lumix GF3, Pentax K100D and Pentax K200D
Rarely: Sigma DP1s, Canon EOS 300D and my film cameras

Mostly in my bag ATM: Fuji X-T1, X-E2, X-E1, Leica M8, Nikon1 V1 and several lenses...
Things ON SALE!

Today? My Moto G Phone. hmm

Gettin' cabin fever holdin' up here in the AC . Set up one of my"P"s with an early Carl Zeiss Jena 1,5  f=5cm lens up front and a W-Nikkor-C 1:3.5 f=2.8cm for wide needs in the bag. Film is the usual out of date fare, kodak 400. Equipment inspired I set forth on this hot Fla. day. (90 degrees) in search of "that" picture . Hot day or not a good, fun day is in store. Hey folks grab your gear and go burn-up some film!

Yup! Had a extra good time using this setup. Snapped a few of the historic homes at our park. After this roll my intention is to change to the Nikkor 28mm and dedicate it to the wide. Using the Canon P is a fine way to spend the day IMHO. So get out there and burn up some film!