Re: What Camera are you using today?

Last week I picked up a mixed bag of goodies, including some M42 glass for my 30D. Today I went out armed with the 4.5/20 Super Takumar, although it was a Pentacon Electric 1.8/50 that eventually saw the light. A pretty hasty snap of my other half (she didn't want to hang around for long with that pile of books), so it's not all it could be, but I'm enjoying having a decent aperture in front.

http://people.aapt.net.au/~dwaldron/mff/the-eyes-have-it.jpg

Apart from a slight unsharp masking (I generally shoot with sharpening off), this is straight from camera. I reckon the eyes have it! Given that it was 1/3 second exposure at around f/2.8-4 (with flash as well), it's amazing anything is sharp.

While I'm at it, I was testing the Rikenon 1.4/55 (it also came with the bag of freebies) last weekend, and managed to snap the Mars Curiosity rover leaving Earth. This was just over 1.5 hours after launch, after a final rocket burn to send it well & truly on its way. 100% crop from the original, 10-sec exposure at f/2.8. The lens is pretty soft wide open, of course, but is passable for stars by 2.8. I didn't complete the tests, as the unexpected sighting of this wee projectile sort of took over the evening - and much of the rest of the week, as I squeezed all the juice out of a set of images.

http://people.aapt.net.au/~dwaldron/astro/curiosity+centaur+DS1rocket.jpg

Curiosity and the plume from its rocket are above right of centre, but by pure chance, the image has recorded a second NASA object streaking past - a rocket launched in 1998, taking a NASA probe towards an asteroid and a comet. 2 for the price of 1!

(Hope it's OK to put these pics here, instead of the gallery.)

Last edited by ozalba (2011-12-05 13:45:41)

Canon EF & AE1, Minolta 7s, Vitomatic IIa, Olympus 35 RC, various pinhole jobs
Blog: http://ausalba.blogspot.com/

Used my canons yesterday, a Canon II-F with a Jupiter 12 screw mount and a Canon 650 EOS with a Sigma 35-80 lens. Today seems a little cooler and so I'll just bring along the Bessa R.  It's got the J-3 screwed  in up front. Want to get some end of year shots with the rangefinders so just might bring the Barnack along .

Last edited by RED (2012-07-07 00:39:29)

This morning I got some garden shots with an old favorite, a Canon T-50 with a Vivitar 135mm 1:2.8 Auto Telephoto Close Focusing lens. In a SLR it's always been an easy outfit to use. I always have a Kalmar circular 62mm polarizer filter to help with the FLA. sun, also liking what it does with the colors.

One of my beautiful M6's a black 0.72 classic 1998 vintage with a chrome 50mm Summicron M Lens loaded with Fuji Neopan 1600. Neopan 1600 asa is new to me and I am looking forward to processing it in Rodinal. My darkroom which is located in the cellar and shares space with a cabinetmaking workshop is out of bounds at present whilst we get over this cold snap. I have just watched the weekly forecast on Countryfile BBC1 and -8 degrees in Leeds area tonight

"I hate digital cameras, they are so much more sure than I am about everything."- Jon Stienbeck

Regards- Kenneth Cooke

Visited Undercliffe Cemetery in Bradford this morning. Wonderful weather, sunny with ample snow covering which really shows this wonderful Victorian Cemetery to it's best. In Victorian times Bradford was one of the wealthiest cites in the country due to wool and no expense was spared when it came to burying thier great and good.

Nikon F3hp Nikkor 55mm f2.8 Micro with yellow filter. Fuji Neopan 400 asa. This film processes beautifully with Rodinal- 11.30secs  @20 degrees

http://www.undercliffecemetery.co.uk/un … llery.html

"I hate digital cameras, they are so much more sure than I am about everything."- Jon Stienbeck

Regards- Kenneth Cooke

I'll be giving a new-to-me camera a test drive today. The little black Zone focus is a Yashica 35/MF. It's got a working meter & flash, I changed out the old stiff plastic neck strap with a wrist strap, added a Hoya HMC 46mm skylight(1B) filter and I'm on my way! This solid camera is good bet for a pocket-able daily carry.

Last edited by RED (2012-03-07 14:20:23)

This afternoon I took photos of my grandson at the playground with a Vivitar (Kiron) 35/2.8 on my Pentax K200D. I had the Fed-2 out as well, but I didn't take it to the playground with me.

Had the Canon II-F with a canon35/28 mounted in front. That was yesterday, it was a beautiful day and the garden was showing off. Today's weather is a 80% rain day - - the old cameras + glass stay home.

Last edited by RED (2012-08-05 16:10:09)

My lady and I headed out for the annual Green Thumb show. The weather was just right, must have been 25 food venders with over a hundred plant venders! My Canon P with a Jupiter 3 worked great. The only fly in the ointment was my ticker, it's been on the fritts, tends to sap my energy. (drat)  Got a few crowd shots but not all the flower pic's I was hoping for! Never even found the Day lilies venders. Well, there's always next year. .. ... if the MD's ever get me sorted out! At 62 I'm not ready to trade in my cameras for slippers.

RED wrote:

Well, there's always next year. .. ... if the MD's ever get me sorted out! At 62 I'm not ready to trade in my cameras for slippers.

Well, You just keep chugging away, and good luck with the MD's. (I have a friend going through the same process)
Hopefully photography will help you stay young. smile
-Bruce

I put that adapter in a safe place, never to be seen again.

Leica M3, baby!

Akiva S

Nikon F, Nikkormat FTN, Nikon FE, Nikon D7000
Nikkor 50mm f1.4, CV 20mm/f3.5, Nikkor 105mm/f2.5, Nikon 50/1.8

Today I had my Panasonic G1 with my Miranda EC 50 1.4 lens on it.This is the 7 element version. Hopefully tomorrow I will get out my earlier 8 element version to give it a try.

Took the Bessa R w/J-3 lens along with a fixed lens Agfa It's the one with a 50mm lens -a little folder. A bit strange for me as the imange is split on a horizontal line. works great I'm just not used to it. All-in-all a fun day.

I have mainly used the M8 recently.

Mostly in my bag ATM: Fuji X-T1, X-E2, X-E1, Leica M8, Nikon1 V1 and several lenses...
Things ON SALE!

Had a day at the beach/park. managed a few shots with a Bessa R with a W-NIKKOR1:3.5 F-2.8 cm lens up front. I intend to switch over to another lens for next time a Elmar f=9cm  1:4 . My copy was made in '38 or '39. I tend to favor older glass and have mainly used 50's on range-finders.

Last edited by RED (2012-11-11 13:52:12)

When I go on my Sunday trek today I expect to Grab the AGFA bag containing the karat &the karat 36. Film being the major difference for me. Color in one B&W W/filters for the other. These classic cameras' after a cleaning & lube, rival many of the  remaining rangefinders with fixed lenses. Also the price is right, especially for the hobbiest  with an adventuresome spirit and a small financial purse. There's a repair/DIYS guide out there for most . Good luck

For today Minolta XD5, 50mm 1.2 and 28mm 2.8 Rokkors.

Trying out my new Contax IIIa with a Nikkor 35/2.5 on it for the first time...

Getting ready for a little trek tomorrow weather permitting. An old Barnack, a Canon IIF gets the nod along with a seldom used Serenar 50mm 1.9. My black Jupiter 12, a 2,8/35 mm provides for any wide needs . This 1977 version is a tight fit, but a good piece of glass for this bottom-loader. Happy shooting to all. A happy new year wish too.

My bride and I took ourselves out to a large city park today. The kind with lakes and boardwalks and swamps and canals and bench's n such. Lots of nature and woods and gaiters. Took a pair of old favorites with us. My Nikormat FTn  loaded with Kodak gold 400 with a Micro-NIKKOR 105mm 1:2.8 up front.  It's bag-mate, a Nikomat FT2 was using Kodak gold 200 with a NIKKOR-P Auto 1:2.5  f=105mm Nippon kogaku. The weather was most non-typical, everything was just beautiful! Will try to post some later.

Not sure of the rules here but this is for information and I am not the seller :-
If you like gold 100 you might be interested in this old stock....I've bought some and haven't tested it yet, but it's  been tested by another buyer on another forum and the results look ok.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330848895004? … 1439.l2649

Last edited by excalibur (2013-01-16 09:49:54)

Nikon FM, F90x, EM, F90x, Canon AV1, A1, T70 & T90, Minolta X-700, SRT101b and AFZ, Pentax S3, Fuji STX-2, Practica MTL3, TL5b, BC1, Chinon Chinon CE,  Konica Autoreflex TC, FS-1 & C35, Yashica T5D, Olympus OM2, Contax139, Ricoh KR-10,  Bronica Etrs, Mamiya RB67 pro AND drum roll:- a Sony DSC-P92
.........past gear Tele Rollieflex and Rollei SL66.

excalibur wrote:

Not sure of the rules here but this is for information and I am not the seller :-
If you like gold 100 you might be interested in this old stock....I've bought some and haven't tested it yet, but it's  been tested by another buyer on another forum and the results look ok.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330848895004? … 1439.l2649

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm OK for now. Wife won't let me put anymore film in HER freezer. sad

Well our weather is on a very pleasant low humility under 82 phase.  Yahoo! Using my Canon T-50 with a Vivitar 135mm  1:2.8 close focusing lens when documenting my garden flowers. My usual rangefinder is a Canon P with a 50mm  f=1.5 of different makes when out "when walking the earth". But as a lite-packer a Canonet QL17gets the nod. Just for fun. .. ... a tiny Olympus-Pen, a Pen-ee, 1/2 frame I sometimes use, will really make a roll of film last.  So, how about you? What are you using lately? Happy shooting, Red

Well I've just put a film in a Centon K100......hey stop sniggering at the back.

Nikon FM, F90x, EM, F90x, Canon AV1, A1, T70 & T90, Minolta X-700, SRT101b and AFZ, Pentax S3, Fuji STX-2, Practica MTL3, TL5b, BC1, Chinon Chinon CE,  Konica Autoreflex TC, FS-1 & C35, Yashica T5D, Olympus OM2, Contax139, Ricoh KR-10,  Bronica Etrs, Mamiya RB67 pro AND drum roll:- a Sony DSC-P92
.........past gear Tele Rollieflex and Rollei SL66.

excalibur wrote:

......hey stop sniggering at the back.

UH OH, Um, OK. tongue wink
-Bruce

I put that adapter in a safe place, never to be seen again.