Re: What Camera are you using today?

Ms. Bee and I went by a few water-front parks today. Got a few shots of sailboats and the like with my Nikkomat with a 105mm mounted up front. Took along the Bessa R & jupiter 3 but only a few with it. Guess today was just a Nikon day.

Last edited by RED (2011-10-07 03:46:59)

Today I'm going to carry around for testing my 'new' Leica IIIa with a collapsible Industar-22...

Pictor, Now that's a great combo! Didn't go with a camera yesterday as Ms. Bee & I went fishing(salt water and all) but today after reading your post I feel driven to bring out my Canon III w/a Chiyoko 1:2.8 f=45mm protected with a CPL. I like how it renders the colors. Best of luck with your new-to-you camera.

Last edited by RED (2011-10-08 17:36:16)

Well it's Wed. all ready. Need to go to the clinic for pictures of my pearly-whites. Think I'll take the Minolta REPO w/ 30mm1:2.8 as it's so small I can slip it into a pocket if I need to stay for an  extended visit(Ugh), have a good day all. RED

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6163/6236391379_381c460baf_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6174/6236914144_bcc3e186a2_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6091/6236391281_63ed5e8b0d_z.jpg

This.
Just got it, test roll going in.

Cheers, Will.

Very nice Will!! Where was it made? You know Who, when & where Happy day. RED

RED wrote:

Very nice Will!! Where was it made? You know Who, when & where Happy day. RED

Hi RED, it is Braun Super Paxette made in Germany ca. 1950.
It's a very small 35mm with interchangeable lenses. 
This copy is in a very good working condition.

Cheers, Will.

At the moment the cam that I use the most is my NEX-3 with several AF and manual lenses.
It's just so convenient!

Mostly in my bag ATM: Fuji X-T1, X-E2, X-E1, Leica M8, Nikon1 V1 and several lenses...
Things ON SALE!

RED wrote:

Pictor, Now that's a great combo! (cut) Best of luck with your new-to-you camera.

Many Thanks RED!
It's definitely a nice combo, although a 'new' Jupiter-3 is on the way - but I have to decide it has to go on the Bessa-R or switch the I-22... ;-))

A Braun SR2000Y and a C/Y mount Kiron 28 f2 - what a lovely lens!  Also an RTSIII with an NPC Forscher Instant Film Back and 55 1.2 Planar...and then came the mist and the rain... :-(

Contax fan: 645+45, 80, 120, 140, 210mm; RTS, RTS Fundus, RTSII, RTSIII, Preview, 139, AX, S2b: Zeiss 15, 16, 18, 21, 28 f2, 35 1.4, 45, 50 1.4 & 1.7, 55 1.2, 85 1.2AE & MM, 100 f2, 135 f2, 180 2.8, 300, 500 4.5, 28-85, 35-135, 75-210;  Mamiya RZ67 ProII + 50 Z, M 65 f4 L/A, 75 Shift, 90, 110, 140 f4.5 Macro, 180 W-N, 250 Z, 100-200 Z, C 150 f4 SF  Fuji GX680III+50,65,80,100,125&180 f3.2,100-200.

PICTOR_M, For me I find it hard to remove my J-3 from my Bessa-r. It's such an easy combo to use. Mostly my cameras are Canons(P's,III,II-F,VI-T,7) and the lens selection . .. ... well its sometimes hard to choose. Most are 50's with a few 35 types but that J-3 , sure like that lens! Oh yes, it fits on all my Canons.

Last edited by RED (2012-07-07 00:41:22)

Ok RED, I'll try it on the Bessa-R - the Leica-IIIa must wait meanwhile with a Jupiter-12 screwed on... :-))

My J-12 pretty much stays on one of the P's Pictor
-M, as I think it likes it there. RED

Today my most beloved Minolta XE-1 (the black one, I have a silvery too) with 35-70mm 3.5 zoom and 100mm 3.5 macro. There is a film in it that I want to finish with only some pics left,

Believe the Canon III will get the nod today. The III has a Chiyoko SUPER ROKKOR 1:2.8 f=45mm lens leading the way . Found an old German case that seems to fit and I added a Zhou wrist strap that is very nice to use.

Last edited by RED (2011-10-24 12:29:02)

Pulled out an old AGFA KARAT 36 It has a afga solinar 1:2,8/50 fixed lens with a synchro-compur shutter. Still has a roll from LA.- maybe a year ago' Think I'll try some garden shots. If we go out today I may take a Canon P as the Bessa /j-3 seem to get most of the attention lately.

Used my Canon IIs2 yesterday,  a 50mm 1.18 in front. This morning I took Mrs. Bee and  my FTn out for coffee. With a start like that --- who knows what the afternoon will bring? Might there be a Bessa R in my future?

Taking out the Minolta Repo a fine little 1/2 frame rangefinder. My version is the Model II it was produced back in 1962. The repo comes with a 1:2.8/30mm lens. It's even smaller than a XA , that is to say very pocket-able, but the XA is lighter in weigh- even with the X-11 flash left on! They used REAL metal back then .

Believe I'll use a Canon P with a Jupiter 12 lens today. This P is one I always enjoy using.

Well it's Monday . A busy weekend with my Minolta Repo 1/2 frame and the Nikomat FT2 with a 105mm portrait lens up front. lots of festivals around here.  I liked the Mullet fest ! All cooked to perfection.;-))  Hope some of you folks are having a chance to use your manual focus cameras. Daily!!!!!!!!

Last edited by RED (2011-11-07 16:48:30)

Hauled out the Nikomat FTn using a 105mm Micro-NIKKOR 1:2.8 lens, to shoot a big family dinner. After using rangefinders mostly over the past 2 years its still a joy to use.  An  easy switch , the big difference being weigh. The body and lens are both weighty . Got off 1/2 a roll and everyone enjoyed themselves. Tables and chairs were set up outside in the shade and everyone had a big loud-kids-running-everywhere-go-ahead have another helping good time. Blessings and good fortune to all in the coming year. Red

Yesterday, I have used my "new" Sony DSC-V1, a 5 MPix digital cam that still offers great usability and IQ.

Mostly in my bag ATM: Fuji X-T1, X-E2, X-E1, Leica M8, Nikon1 V1 and several lenses...
Things ON SALE!

Today all around for testing my "new" Nikon-FA with a Helios-81N screwed on...

Last week I picked up a few new Canon FD pieces -- a 100mm f/4 macro lens and Canon FD 2X-A and 2X-B teleconverters -- so I pulled out "Old Reliable" to try them out with: my Canon Original F-1.  Still my favorite manual focus camera.  I also bought a very clean EF, aka "Black Beauty," but I haven't tried it out yet.  Its electronics don't work at all, and I still remain hopeful that I'll be able to find out why they don't -- and that it can be repaired.

cooltouch wrote:

...I also bought a very clean EF, aka "Black Beauty," but I haven't tried it out yet.  Its electronics don't work at all, and I still remain hopeful that I'll be able to find out why they don't -- and that it can be repaired.

Ah, my heart beats faster at the sight of those three words, 'very clean EF'. Shame about the electronics. If you have no luck getting it fixed in the US, I had my pair serviced by a fella in Sydney (Richard Broadbent) some years ago; turned out he was an EF owner too, so did a thorough job: Camera Service Centre.

Last edited by ozalba (2011-12-05 12:57:20)

Canon EF & AE1, Minolta 7s, Vitomatic IIa, Olympus 35 RC, various pinhole jobs
Blog: http://ausalba.blogspot.com/