Re: What Camera are you using today?

i´m now using my Canon F1 (second version 1977) with Motor Drive MF and Servo EE finder, the Canon FL-R 3.5/19mm...Wow almost 35years of equipment with a very modern feeling!!

Arkeologiska hungrigvarg: Canon EOS systems, Fujica ST series, Practika series, Carl Zeiss & Carl Zeiis Jena, Fujinon EBC Series, Takumar series, Vivitar Series 1, Tamron Adaptall 2 Series, M42 lenses, Alpa, Miranda...& still Growning

My Sigma Mark 1..

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3592/3468943148_5919853307_z.jpg

I've been using quite a few lenses with it recently, but here is one with the Helios 44M f/2 which I acquired (including a Zenit B!) for £3.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5940275087_48c15db0b2_z.jpg

And this is me using it!..
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6010/5940853640_59bcfdaa00_z.jpg

A wonderful camera. It makes such a refreshing change to hold in your hands a solid piece of precise machinery that was built to last decades, not just a few years.

Ian.

Last edited by Fishmeister (2011-07-15 19:11:50)

My Praktica FX3 (with waist-level VF) and Mir-1 37/2.8 seem made for each other, so yesterday they tagged along with the Voigtlander Vito II that reminds me so much of my long-lost Retina I. (No shooting today, I had chores.) Tomorrow should be a good day to exercise the K.W. G&T Patent-Etui 6x9cm folder when I wander back up Kit Carson Pass.

too many digital & film cameras & lenses & stuff, oh my!
Pentax K20D, ZX-M, Spotty, 200+ lenses - 135/6x6/6x9 folders - etc

Your second image is superb , Ian .

I am a Pentacon and kiev( MF and35 mm) user,and also :contaxII,III,IIa  ,contaflex , contarex bullseye ,voigtlander ....

Ian: I don't recognise the Sigma "Mark 1", but you've got to love a camera with brass showing through black paint. Terrible typography though! Where are the shutter speeds controlled from? The front dial with the film speed? Seems very odd - but odd is cool; who wants ordinary?

It makes such a refreshing change to hold in your hands a solid piece of precise machinery that was built to last decades, not just a few years.

You're dead right there: 10/10.

Last edited by ozalba (2011-07-17 09:44:31)

Canon EF & AE1, Minolta 7s, Vitomatic IIa, Olympus 35 RC, various pinhole jobs
Blog: http://ausalba.blogspot.com/

Today, Sunday, the plan is to use the Bessa R with a Jupiter 3. Same as yeasterday, its a combo that's easy to use-easy to like. Will go to the park and people watch.

SteveFE wrote:

I feel like a heretic for saying this here but I'm really enjoying using the cam on my Android phone, fake filters, fake film and all :-0 Just pass on by this if you're easily offended and imagine I never posted it :-)

I almost went for that phone too, but a friend talked me into the Palm Pre 2. hmm I'm wondering if that was a mistake as the Droid probably has a way nicer camera. wink
What camera am I using today? Still the 10D for macro and product, and the older 5D for anything else I might need.
I have a feeling things may change again soon as I just sold my 70-200 F/2.8 Canon EF on ebay, and will be downsizing even more in the near future.
-Bruce

I put that adapter in a safe place, never to be seen again.

Yeah it's a surprisingly good (stills) camera. Video's pretty rubbish. The phone's a Samsung Galaxy Ace (Android 2.2) and the stills cam is 5Mpx but more to the point they're very sharp and clean Mpx - it seems to have a decent (fixed focal length, quite wide) lens with reasonable AF, but I'd say the sensor is superior to those in full-blown digicams (not DSLRs) from just a couple of generations ago. It's certainly got less noise than my old Fuji S5500 and it doesn't seem to achieve it by smearing over detail with aggressive noise reduction - the pics are sharp and detailed as they stand and will take a little more sharpening afterwards. White balance and metering's all pretty good too: it's frankly good enough to use as a slim, tiny backup and go anywhere camera, far more useful to me than a bulkier p'n's would be. Of course ease of use and shooting speed are a bit inferior to a dedicated camera but it's still very useable.

All that and it makes calls, texts, runs web and mail apps as well as downloadable apps like the toy camera ones etc—I like Vignette for that—it gives photos embedded location info either from triangulated masts or GPS, can play Angry Birds and The Sims (not like I do but my kids covet it!) and not least, it has a pretty nice display that makes it a nice pocketable viewer for showing off pics as you can upload files onto the MicroSD card from the computer and organise folders just like a regular tablet or PC. I'm highly impressed with just about everything apart from battery life, which you have to watch carefully if you use all the gizmos.

Last edited by SteveFE (2011-07-17 16:41:31)

Canon EOS30D, Sony NEX-3
Favourite M/F lenses: Nikkor 50/1.4 pre-AI, Zuiko 50/1.4, Flek 35/2.4, SP 35-80/2.8-3.8, Macro-Tak 50/4 preset *NEW* Jupiter-8 and more rangefinder lenses to come!
Favourite (and only) AF lens: Sigma 12-24

I try to have a camera close at hand each day. That said, todays pick was a Canon 7 sporting' a Canon 50mm 1:1.8  lens. Well that's what I carried. Went down town , did my chores and never got it out of the bag. Ah well, try it again tomorrow.

Today I used my Canon T-50 & a Vivitar close focus lens I like for flower work. Nice thing about gardening is that one grows their own models -every year a new crop!

Well, I haven't used a camera yet today, but yesterday I actually had a bridal shoot.  I used my Bronica ETRS-i and Kodak Professional Tri-X 400TX film.  Got some new developer for it but haven't mixed it yet.  Guess I might oughta do that soon.

Today I packed up the Nikormat Brothers -a FT2 w/a Nikkor-s 1:1.4 f=50mm and its older brother the Nikomat FTn which was sporting a Nikkor-P 1:2.5  f=105mm. Hot day at the fishing pier. Another warm day of people watching. Fun to breakout the SLR's again. Have a happy weekend folks.  RED

Well it's back at it today with my Canon II-F. I have the 45mm Super Rokkor on mount. I like this one, it handles a bit slow but that forces me to shoot and consider each shot a bit more.

Last edited by RED (2012-07-07 00:43:22)

Want to take the Nikomat FTn out today. The Nikkor-s AUTO1:1,4  f=50 lens is acombo I enjoy.

It's the end of Aug. ugh! Guess there will be lots of Irene shots. Sorry for the loss over on the east coast . The wife & I lived in N.O. 6 years ago. We feel your pain. Today I' using a Canon P rangefinder w/ a Canon 50 1:1.8 chrome lens  Happy daze to all!

Today I used my 10D with MD EOS Glassless adapter with my Rokkor X 45 f2.

Not schooled in a lot of the things you listed Walter G (A glassless adapter?) ,but here in my home town I've used my FTn/this morning over coffee to get a few frames of the pups as they recover from breakfast (after sleeping all nite ,a bowl of dog food really wears ya down ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz). Going to a fish fry this afternoon and will take the Bessa R  with a Jupiter 3. Hope everyone has a fine day of shooting.

My Canon SD790IS goes about where ever I go. Like they say "the best camera is the one you have when the shot presents itself". I like having a decent camera that's no bigger than my wallet.

arlon wrote:

My Canon SD790IS goes about where ever I go. Like they say "the best camera is the one you have when the shot presents itself". I like having a decent camera that's no bigger than my wallet.

Arlon, Is that some kind of manual camera? Is it a fixed lens or does it have interchaneable lenses?

RED wrote:

Not schooled in a lot of the things you listed Walter G (A glassless adapter?) ,but here in my home town I've used my FTn/this morning over coffee to get a few frames of the pups as they recover from breakfast (after sleeping all nite ,a bowl of dog food really wears ya down ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz). Going to a fish fry this afternoon and will take the Bessa R  with a Jupiter 3. Hope everyone has a fine day of shooting.

A macro adapter. It allows the use of Minolta lenses on Canon EOS Digital cameras. It has no glass in it.
  There is an adapter with corrective glass which you can get also that gives you full use of Minolta lenses, but it does degrade the image some.
  It's the best I can do untill I save enough money for a Used Sony Nex or Panny G1.
I do shoot film quite a bit. At last count I have 30+ film cameras.
You need one for every day of the month. Right.

walter g wrote:
RED wrote:

A macro adapter. It allows the use of Minolta lenses on Canon EOS Digital cameras. It has no glass in it.
  There is an adapter with corrective glass which you can get also that gives you full use of Minolta lenses, but it does degrade the image some.
  It's the best I can do untill I save enough money for a Used Sony Nex or Panny G1.
I do shoot film quite a bit. At last count I have 30+ film cameras.
You need one for every day of the month. Right.

Truth be told I've enough now that when another orphan is brought "into the fold". .. ... who could tell?Right now I'm blessed with a Canon /Nikon collection that takes up most of my time. That leaves most just collecting shelf space, sadly, unused. Today it was the Bessa R w/a Jupiter 3  1:1.5 , in the yard I shot with a FTn wearing a Micro-nikkor 105mm  1:2.8 Have a great day.

Last edited by RED (2011-09-16 01:35:39)

Mamiya C220. I love her dearly.
http://s3.postimage.org/68htpfq3h/28541 … _34080.jpg

For anything practical though, I'm using a Nikon D40 (cheapo digital SLR). Being an unemployed 16 year old doesn't exactly make it easy to buy cameras...

Last edited by tojeem (2011-09-28 14:25:39)

My RB 67 and 90mm lens portraiture fun with flash in studio

http://mcgphotosa.com/Other/BLACK-AND-WHITE/i-GV4sZ2P/0/L/untitled-14-of-14-L.jpg

2 X Canon 1d mkiii,Canon 17-40 l,100 f2 ,70-200 f2.8 300 2.8 sigma,
1 x minolta SR-7 rokkor 135 3.5 rokkor 50mm
Rolleicord ,Yashica A, Yashica 635, mamiya RB67, mint Pentax 6 x 7 with a 55 3.5 90 2.8 and 150 2.8.
www.mcgphotosa.com

A Contax AX with a Yashica 15mm f2.8 ML lens - good fun...

Contax fan: 645+45, 80, 120, 140, 210mm; RTS, RTS Fundus, RTSII, RTSIII, Preview, 139, AX, S2b: Zeiss 15, 16, 18, 21, 28 f2, 35 1.4, 45, 50 1.4 & 1.7, 55 1.2, 85 1.2AE & MM, 100 f2, 135 f2, 180 2.8, 300, 500 4.5, 28-85, 35-135, 75-210;  Mamiya RZ67 ProII + 50 Z, M 65 f4 L/A, 75 Shift, 90, 110, 140 f4.5 Macro, 180 W-N, 250 Z, 100-200 Z, C 150 f4 SF  Fuji GX680III+50,65,80,100,125&180 f3.2,100-200.